Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why I Love Calgary

I know I complain a lot over the lack of heat here the past few summers, but I do really love Calgary. This week, the weather has been beautiful. Many leaves are gone, but some are still clinging tight.


With the nice weather this week, I've been hitting the trails that are 10 minutes from my house.



Up the hills

Down the hills



crossing bridges



It's a great workout, and fantastic at lifting spirits. I mean, how can you not feel great looking down this trail.



The weatherman is calling for 21 C (70 F) tomorrow. I can't wait to hit the trails again. It's days like these that remind me why I love Calgary.

8 comments:

Sara said...

The weather is so nice right now. I'm looking forward to this weekend... I actually have it off for a change. Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend. xx

Allie said...

Gorgeous! I'm going to visit a friend in Buffalo next week and I asked her to take me into Canada since I've never been there, I can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...

In it something is also to me your idea is pleasant. I suggest to take out for the general discussion.

Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - it is very occupied. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion.

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to read a bit more on this blog soon. By the way, pretty good design your blog has, but how about changing it from time to time?

Anonymous said...

You commit an error. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.

JessLikesStuff said...

ARGH! I just wrote you this WHOLE LONG COMMENT about my experience in Calgary over the summer and how it really changed my (somewhat) negative view of Alberta that I've had after I lived in Edmonton for a few years but then it got deleted somehow - AAAAAARGH!!!!

Lovely photos. And as my previous comment said, Calgary really did make me reconsider Alberta as a beautiful place after we spent an incredible day there in the summer and were blown away but how clean it was, the cool street art, the fact that you can take trails rather than streets as shortcuts to some places and the river.

Danielle S (kidsincowtown{at}gmail{dot}com) said...

Not growing up here I always forget how much I love Calgary until the fall arrives. The air is just so fresh and the colours are breathtaking!

I love your blog - we are always looking for bloggers from Calgary - please check us out and contact us if you are interested in blogging with us!