Thursday, April 10, 2008

Waiting and worrying...

Well poop.

I was so geared up to head in to the hospital this afternoon for Matthew's first post-op cast free appt with his surgeon. I want to know if he sees Matthew's toes moving, what he thinks of his running, the foot turning in slightly, and if we should start P/T.

But the hospital called and have canceled the entire afternoon clinic. We are re-scheduled for next week.

I am bummed. I guess I just want a professional opinion on his progress. I am nervous because when he is out of his AFO, he walks on the side of his foot. And he is sore. So worried about regression after all he has been through. I want his pain and suffering to be a good outcome. I didn't realize how much I had been looking forward to this appt, until it was canceled.

I suppose another week shouldn't change things. I keep repeating the Mark Twain quote to myself...

I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.

No comments: