Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sun, Sand, Heat...What More Could You Ask For?

Here in Alberta we seem to get sun, but we lack in sand and heat. Either that, or I was just born in the wrong place. I love the heat and water. Can't seem to get enough of it.

Went to British Columbia for holidays. Nice of my parents to move to a hot dry place with lakes galore...what a great place to visit!

I drove the boys out and the first activity we did was pick cherries. YUM!

I think the boys enjoyed it as much as I did.

"Mommy, I didn't eat any cherries"
btw, that is an old tattoo on his forehead


The beaches in the Okanagan are outstanding. 33 C ... 91 F. Nice and warm!

The boys got metal detectors for Christmas. Is it wrong of me to let them find this dude and follow him for 30 min?


Ryan made a friend.

Lucky mommy isn't afraid of beetles.

I love that the boys love to swim.

I have to add this photo for two reasons.
1. No one around. Undisturbed sand.
2. Look at that left foot. (gosh..I need to stop)


Then, maybe the best part, my parents were so wonderful to take the boys for a few days and we got a 'child-free' weekend. It has been two years since we have both been away from the boys overnight. HEAVEN! What did we do? Go on a wine tour of course! Self drive is so nice for finding smaller wineries. Driving around in 33 C/91 F weather with the windows open. Heaven!

Our two new favorite wineries are
Silver Sage

and

Desert Hills

We stayed at the most amazing B & B.

Willow Beach Bed and Breakfast

Beautiful.

Peaceful.

The best B&B I have stayed in. I would highly recommend it.
Hummingbirds on the breakfast deck.

Enjoying the sun and heat.

A rare photo of me.

We got to see some wonderful old friends who have bought a retirement home in the okanagan. We hope to follow in their shoes some day.



It was a wonderful getaway and now, at home, I am missing the heat and water. Someday...someday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

soon as i saw your f.b profile i knew it was bc mountains. where in bc were you?
-celine

Jo-Ann said...

My parents are in Vernon. Craig and I drove to Kelowna for our two day getaway and our friends are in Summerland.

Love the Okanagan. Missing the heat already.

Allie said...

Oh your vacation looks glorious! I need one of those!

You need to make your way out to Napa/Sonoma one of these days for wine tasting!

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful Jo-Ann. Is one of the pictures at Lake Kalamaka?

Sara said...

I wanna go. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. :)

Donna said...

Looks like you all had a good time.

Jo-Ann said...

Yup Jo, the boys on the beach were taken at Kal Beach. Good eye!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a blast! we must catch up soon.