Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That

Wow... I have been busy. I am now volunteering twice a week at the boy's school and finding little time for anything anymore.I am really enjoying being in the school. Feels good. Feels right. Maybe because I used to teach before kids. Maybe because it is interaction. Maybe because it gets me out of the house. Not sure if the reason really matters, just happy to do it. In fact, I have to head off again in 45 min to help out with Matthew's in-line skating class.

And yes, we were able to get the skate on over his brace! Yay!

I asked Matthew's p/t about his back pain. Yes. It is from the lift. And he should know. He also wears a half inch lift. On his left shoe. Eventually, it will get better.

I've also been busy trying to make Matthew's lunches more exciting and have discovered the world of Bento Boxes. Never heard of them? Neither had I but now it is my obsession. This is what I aspire to


Ok, maybe just this



So I am starting off slow. Today, this is what Matthew got for a Halloween lunch.


Owl and bat jam sandwiches, pumpkin muffins and fruit.

I know, I know. Nothing like what I aspire too, but I have many, many years to get to where I am going. So be patient, I hope to share some better stuff soon.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Super cute idea with the Bento Boxes!

Jennifer said...

Good start Jo-Ann!Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.