Tuesday, April 19, 2011

E-Stim Update (7 months in)

Since buying the E-Stim machine in the fall, Matthew gets E-Stim about 4-5 days a week. I may be biased, but I think we are seeing results. Let me know what you think.

A year ago, before E-stim, this was the flicker that we saw.

This is what we are seeing now.



Did you see him move his foot outwards? Did you see his little toe move independently of the other toes?

And Matthew even surprised himself when he saw his big toe moving independently!



I think the best part is near the end (when Ryan is pointing out toe jam) you can see Matthew's left hand doing what his foot is doing. It takes a lot of concentration for that small movement.

They may seem like small steps, but in this journey, they are big leaps!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! Great concentration (and Ryan cracked me up!) :) My kids watched it too, fascinated. Grace said, "Hey, is that my foot?" :)

Great job!! Keep up the good work!!