Monday, May 26, 2008

Could it be?

I'm not sure.

Trying hard not to jump the gun here.

Trying to contain some excitement, because, well I am just not sure.

Last night, I was stretching Matthew's foot as always. Asked him to try to lift his toes. I do that periodically. I thought I saw his toes move up.

Just a bit. Just a tiny bit. But I was so excited I yelled for Craig to come up and bring the video camera. He watched and then taped it. He thought he saw it too.

So, after bed, I watched the video over and over and over and over again. To the point where I am not even sure I saw it anymore. Then Craig and I tried to figure out if he could have been moving his leg to make it look like his toes moved. I did hold his ankle so I think his foot was immobilized.

I think it moved... up.

What does this mean?

In the world of doctors and surgery, it means that the muscle/tendon that they moved from the inside of his foot has attached and may be starting to work. That the loss of muscle/nerve conduction was less then anticipated.

In the world of one 5 yr old boy, it means that maybe just maybe he will be able to have a foot that can function without the use of an AFO for the rest of his life.

I am going to try to attach the video. Please, be candid. Tell me what you think.

No comments: