Friday, May 23, 2008

Tippy toes

I am really trying to stay positive with this. Really, I am. Some days it is so hard when I see his foot without the AFO. Honestly, it looks bad. I was hoping it would look more normal, but it doesn't. So, I try to focus on the positives.

Last night, I was reading the boys a story before bed. Matthew stood up, turned around in a circle a few times before finally saying "Mommy.... look.... "

I looked down and there he was on his tippy toes.

K, you need to wipe the image from your mind of a little boy way up on his tip toes. It wasn't that. In fact, if he hadn't pointed it out, I would never have seen it. But his heels were off the ground ever so slight. And his toes were pointed forward.

On his tippy toes as much as he can at this point.

It really is baby steps over here, and I need to celebrate them all.

Today, I celebrate that ever so tiny step that most people would dismiss because I have to, I need to, I want to.

I've said it before and will say it again, this boy's determination will take him far in this world.

No comments: