Saturday, November 21, 2009

To My Future Daughters-In-Law

Some day I will be a mother-in-law. I know that term strikes fear in many a daughter-in-law. I hope I am not one of those MIL, but only time will tell.

To my future daughter-in-laws. I want you to know I am trying hard. I want my sons to be good husbands. I am trying to teach them to be helpful, caring, loving boys who grow up to be wonderful men.

They have their flaws. I know that. I am trying to fix some of them. Matthew rarely pees in the garbage can anymore and Ryan doesn't wipe his boogies under the table, at least not when I'm looking.

I am teaching them to cook. So far, it is easy things.




They love to cook. Maybe some day they will cook for you.

They may not be perfect, but at least they do bathrooms.


11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

too cute. I think that is my biggest goal as a mom to boys is to teach them manners and raise them to be good men. Here's hoping we succeed

Allie said...

You crack me up, this was great! I think you boys are going to be great husbands someday they have a great mommy!

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that article. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Cheryl Peddie said...

Aahhhh that's too funny Jo-Ann... you'll have to print this out and put it up at their weddings! :)

Unknown said...

Wow Joanne....how did you convince them to clean the bathrooms?

JessLikesStuff said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ 'rarely pees in the garbage can ANY MORE'!!! I'm sure your future daughter-in-law will thank you repeatedly for that one ;)!

They're adorable! Wonderful post.

Sara said...

What good young men you are raising. :) My son wont go anywhere near a toilet brush. lol

Sue said...

This is priceless!! What keepers ... You're braver than I am -- I don't think I'd trust my kids around toilets.

Hey, Grace is around Ryan's age ... :)

Mama J. said...

You are an amazing mom, Jo-Ann!

You will be a GREAT Mother in Law someday (in the very distant future).

Jenn M said...

Awesome! Because as much as I *cough* love my mother in law she didn't teach my hubby about cleaning up after himself, thus the can of coke I was blessed to find on the carpet last night.. good times..

Good for you!

Michelle said...

Great post! I've been meaning to comment for a while!