Matthew's next appointment with Dr Dobbs in St Louis is four weeks today, Feb 8.
I have mixed emotions. First, I am hopeful that this time, finally, he will not need a cast. I am hoping that the lift on his shoe is doing it's job. That it is finally holding the correction. And, then, I worry that I am placing so much hope on a half inch piece of rubber. Seems that since seeing Dr Dobbs in October I have been holding his words too close. He said that at some point, Matthew will no longer need casts. Gosh, I know for the normal person, that statement seems silly. Of course at some point there will be no more casts. But after 7 years of this, I truly am no longer able to see the forest for the trees.
I am trying to decide if I should bring Matthew's crutches (yes, he owns his own crutches. Getting crutches for a young child is near impossible). Normally, I would think, yeah, grab them. Can't hurt. But now, with the new travel restrictions I worry that traveling with hollow metal tubes that are crutches will only slow us down and cause havoc. But, to have them if he is casted makes our lives so much easier as we change planes in airports. (they are supposed to keep all weight off of the cast for at least 24 hours to let the plaster cure)
And then there is the whole issue of travel restrictions. How can I travel from 7 am til 5 pm with a 7 yr old with only a small purse to carry things on? And, I have not owned a purse in over 20 years. Where do I even buy one? Days like this I want the chance to line up and kick Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab in the butt for making airline travel that much more difficult.
Words With Friends (With A Side Of Nausea)
3 days ago