Kristina called me this morning. Yay! Seems that I got it mixed up, that it was her that sent the email. She just didn't sign it and that she isn't Dr. Dobbs Nurse Practitioner, she is his nurse co-coordinator. It is true however, that he is swamped and does not have time to see all patients at Shriner's anymore. If things are looking good, he will not have the time to look. If, however, things are looking like there will be a need for casting or surgery, he will take a look. But because he will be back and forth from the OR, there could be a wait.
So, I suppose at some point, when Matthew's foot stabilizes, maybe we will start to see someone closer and only head back to St. Louis if there is a problem. I am trying to use the word 'when' and not 'if'. I am still clinging to the hope that at some point in the future, his foot will remain corrected and castings will be a thing of the past. Hard to do right now when we are seven years into this and I see a cast in the near future.
Last night, I was reading through my blog and found a comment from Dr. Dobbs about Matthew's talus that I had forgotten. During a cast change I had asked about his talus. His talus is still noticeable and Dr Dobbs admitted that it may always be prominant. Guess that makes me feel a bit better about seeing it again. I still think it means we are in for another cast when we go in two weeks.
I've decided. I am packing the crutches.
Words With Friends (With A Side Of Nausea)
3 days ago