Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cast change

We are off to the children's tomorrow morning. Kind of a big day. His surgeon will assess if the swelling has gone down enough for an AFO fitting in 2 weeks. If it has, then casting could be done within the next 3-4 weeks. If not, then it could be another 6 weeks or longer.

I am interested to get this cast off and take a look at the incisions again. Last time Matthew was so upset I didn't look to closely. Maybe it is just morbid curiousity but I have no idea where they made the incisions to remove part of his heel bone. So that will be interesting, in a scientific kinda way.

I am also glad to get rid of this cast. It seems particularly stinky. And yesterday, they were playing in the sand box and there is a bunch of sand in there. Not to mention the fact that hubby told me that he had been spraying cologne on his foot. So, it is time for this stinky cast to go... at least off his foot. Matthew seems to want to keep them. We have a bunch of them upstairs in his closet.

The other news is that his wart looks unchanged. The instructions for the wart removal say that you have to wait 2 weeks before a second treatment can be done. That would be Friday. So looks like we will have to undergo Operation Freeze for a second time.

Will update the cast change news when I can.

No comments: