Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ouch!

When I picked Matthew up from school today he was almost in tears over his AFO. Took it off and found a nice big red rub mark with a nasty indentation in it. Luckily we got it before a blister. It never ceases to amaze me that for weeks he can wear the same type socks, same AFO, same shoes and do the same things then one day after 2 hours of wearing it he gets a rub mark.

So, he is out of it for the rest of the day and will wear it again tomorrow. If the rub mark comes back it means we head back to the orthotist for adjustments. I checked my calender, the boys are off school Thursday morning. We had planned a morning of staying in our pj's and laying around watching cartoons. Guess we may be off to see the orthotist instead.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Poor kiddo. Sorry to hear you may lose your relax at home day!

Sara said...

Oh no! Hope it starts feeling better. :(

Anonymous said...

That's miserable. Poor guy.

Sue said...

Hi Jo-Ann! thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. Seems like we have a bit in common -- clubfoot can really bring people together, huh? :) I'm looking forward to reading more about your story, where you've been ... what a journey you've had! I caught a quick glimpse at the "before and after" pix of your son's foot -- WOW!!! You can definitely see the atypical aspect of it -- is he dealing with metatarsus adductus as well, causing the curvature, or is that something else going on? So much to talk about ... I'll stop by again soon!